Your Privacy Rights
As a client of Minnesota Mental Health Clinics you have a right to privacy and to review information we keep in your file. Under of the Minnesota Data Privacy Practices Act and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act you have the right to:
- Be told why the information we request is needed
- Be told how the information will be used
- Be shown all information about yourself
- Be told of the consequences of refusing to supply the requested information
- Contest the accuracy of information in your file
No information will be released to persons or agencies outside of Minnesota Mental Health Clinics without your written permission except where required by law or court order.
We are bound by the provisions of the Minnesota Data Privacy Practices Act and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. No information will be released to persons or agencies outside of MN Mental Health Clinics without your written consent except by court order or as provided by law. In addition, you have the right and responsibility to help develop your own treatment plan.
As a client you have responsibilities as well as rights. You can help yourself by being responsible in the following ways:
- Be honest and direct with us
- Understand your treatment plan
- Follow the treatment plan
- Keep appointments
- Know your therapist