Minnesota Mental Health Clinics (MMHC) has provided quality outpatient mental health services to clients in the Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area for over 35 years. We believe that in order to provide excellent, client-centered service, we as an organization must support our providers in ways that enable them to put their clients first.
Minnesota Mental Health Clinics is excited to welcome a new licensed Outpatient Psychologist to our practice.
Role responsibilities and duties include:
- Provide ongoing outpatient mental health services through psychotherapy and psychological assessments for children, adolescents, adults, groups, couples, and/or families
- Conduct intake process for new patients including diagnosis, assessment, goal creation, expectation setting, etc.
- Create and enact client treatment plans. Monitor progress and be flexible in evolving and modifying treatment plans with clients’ development. Continuously evaluate assessments to monitor client progress
- Coordinate client care with other necessary supports and services in the best interest of clients (e.g. family, school, care givers, doctors, therapists etc.)
- Complete documentation with a focus on quality and compliance, in a timely manner
- Meet with clients in person at our clinics or via telehealth (video/phone), based on client insurance and preference
- Opportunity to establish your practice specialty, get referrals based on your expertise, and access/refer to other specialists within the organization
- Access to supportive and collaborative in-house psychiatry services and in-house intensive outpatient programs for adults, adolescents, and children
- Manage a workload of 25 or more client contact hours weekly, with 5 of those hours being after 4pm
- Participate in bi-monthly Rule 29 consultation sessions and quarterly peer reviews
- Keep up with Continuing Education requirements and maintain licensure in good standing
- Completed Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an accredited academic program)
- Current active license in the state of Minnesota in psychology
- Good standing with the professional board
- Experience providing psychotherapy in an outpatient setting
- Computer skills including using Microsoft Office products and healthcare software
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the availability of new technology and software
Your Skills & Expertise
- Ability to build rapport and trust with clients while being confident in your expertise
- Empathy, compassion, and a genuine passion for providing quality mental health care
- Experience with diagnosing and creating objective treatment plans
- Experience administering psychological assessments such as personality, autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit evaluations, etc.
- Observation and understanding of client’s readiness for treatment and tailoring treatment plans to fit client’s ability and needs. Evolving treatment plans based on client’s progress
- Natural curiosity with a desire for continuous learning. Taking initiative to learn from those around you and share your expertise with others
- Ability to have a non-judgmental mindset in your communication and interactions with clients and others
- Friendly and supportive to co-workers who have diverse backgrounds and experience
- Self-motivation with strong time-management and organizational skills to stay on top of client documentation and independently manage your work
- Strong verbal communication skills with clients, co-workers, providers, and anyone else you will need to collaborate with to deliver quality care
- Clear, concise, and thorough written communication for quality client documentation
- Proactive in developing strong client relationships and maintaining those relationships
- Strong ethics and moral compass
- Good self-care and establishment of boundaries to ensure your ability to continue to help clients
- Healthcare insurance including Medical and Dental
- 401K and Roth IRA Retirement Plans
- Malpractice insurance coverage for MMHC clients
- Flexibility and control of your own schedule and vacation time
- Ability to focus on client care with no requirement to market for referrals, billing, administrative paperwork, or insurance
- IT team available to assist with technological issues
- Tools needed to provide client care such as computers, office phone and number, furnished office, equipment for telehealth, etc.
- Participate in clinic sponsored continuing education programs
Minnesota Mental Health Clinics is an equal opportunity employer. Minnesota Mental Health Clinics complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.