Minnesota Mental Health Clinics (MMHC) has provided quality mental health services to clients in the Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area for over 35 years. We believe that in order to provide excellent, client centered service, we as an organization must support our providers in ways that enable them to put their clients first.
What our providers love most about MMHC:
- 7 locations across the Twin Cities metro area with the flexibility to work at the location most convenient for you
- Office support staff who help manage administrative tasks, billing, compliance, insurance, and scheduling so providers can focus on client care
- Through decades of relationship and reputation building, we have a long established referral network and are credentialed with all major insurance carriers and preferred provider networks
- A friendly, relaxed, collaborative culture with supportive colleagues who consult and learn from each other’s expertise and experience
Continual support at MMHC:
- We are a Rule 29 clinic, meaning we provide required consultation sessions for therapists where they can get case support from our psychiatric staff and other experienced therapists. These sessions are an opportunity to gain input on diagnosis, therapeutic approach, and brainstorm with other experienced providers on how to provide comprehensive treatment.
- Quarterly peer reviews of case documentation allow you to get feedback for improvement and give feedback to your peers, enabling us all to grow together
- Supportive culture built by our providers and staff. We are passionate about delivering quality mental health care and continuing to learn more about our trade. If you are someone who is curious and proactive about learning, you’ll find our team is glad to share their wealth of knowledge and expertise.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration is key to ours and our clients’ success. MMHC offers a wide variety of in-house services like psychiatry, intensive outpatient group programs, case management and more. Many of our providers also have decades of expertise across various specialties. We strongly believe and encourage collaboration and referrals to ensure our clients receive comprehensive and effective care.
Minnesota Mental Health Clinics is excited to welcome a new Outpatient Mental Health Therapist who is seeking licensure supervision to our practice. Role responsibilities and duties include:
- Provide ongoing outpatient mental health services through psychotherapy
- Conduct intake process for new patients including diagnosis, assessments, goal creation, expectation setting, etc.
- Create client treatment plans that follow required guidelines as set by the state and client insurance
- Enact client treatment plans and monitor progress, be flexible in evolving and modifying treatment plans with clients’ development. Continuously evaluate assessments to monitor client progress
- Coordinate client care with other necessary support and services in the best interest of clients (e.g. family, school, care givers, doctors, therapists etc.)
- Complete documentation with a focus on quality, compliance, and in a timely manner
- Opportunity to establish your practice specialty, get referrals based on your expertise and access/refer to other specialists within the organization
- Access to supportive and collaborative in-house psychiatry services and in-house intensive outpatient programs for adults, adolescents, and children
- Manage a workload of 25 or more client contact hours weekly, with 5 of those hours being after 4pm
- Participate in bi-monthly Rule 29 consultation sessions and quarterly peer reviews
- Keep up with Continuing Education requirements and keep your license in good standing
We offer a limited number of supervised positions for highly qualified graduate degree holders who are working towards independent licensure in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or professional counseling. Supervision towards licensure is provided at no additional cost with a 2 year contract as a licensed therapist at MMHC after the supervisory period.
In addition to the above responsibilities and duties, supervision includes:
- Conducting therapy intakes and sessions under the license of your supervisor, who will also sign off on diagnostic assessments, documentation, and progress notes
- Weekly consultation meetings and ongoing support with an experienced Supervisor to review cases, discuss challenges, brainstorm solutions, improve communication, etc.
- Completed Masters Degree
- Working towards independent licensure in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or professional counseling
- Experience in working with mental health clients through internships or past employment (such as residential facilities, case management, group therapy, crisis counseling, etc.)
- Experience providing psychotherapy in an outpatient setting strongly preferred
- Graduate coursework in clinical psychology or clinical social work
- Computer skills including using Microsoft Office products and healthcare software
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the availability of new technology and software
Your Skills & Expertise
- Ability to build rapport and trust with clients while being confident in your expertise
- Empathy, compassion, and a genuine passion for providing quality mental health care
- Experience with diagnosis and creating objective treatment plans
- Observe and understand client’s readiness for treatment and tailor treatment fit client’s ability and needs. Evolve treatment plans based on client’s progress
- Naturally curious with a desire for continuous learning. Takes initiative to learn from those around you and share your expertise with others
- Ability to have a non-judgmental mindset in your communication and interactions with clients and others
- Friendly and supportive to co-workers who have diverse backgrounds and experience
- Self motivation with strong time management and organizational skills to stay on top of client documentation and independently manage your work
- Strong verbal communication skills with clients, co-workers, providers, and anyone else you will need to collaborate with to deliver quality care
- Clear, concise, and thorough written communication for quality client documentation
- Proactive in developing strong client relationships and maintaining those relationships
- Strong ethics and moral compass
- Good self-care and establishment of boundaries to ensure your ability to continue to help clients
- Healthcare insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Flexibility and control over your own schedule and vacation time
- Ability to focus on client care with no requirement to market for referrals, billing, administrative paperwork, insurance
- IT team available to assist with technological issue
- Tools needed to provide client care such as computers, office phone and number, furnished office, equipment for telehealth, etc.
- No requirement to pay the employer’s portion of federal social security or state provider’s taxes or to assume the legal liabilities of an independent contractor
- Participate in clinic sponsored continuing education programs
Minnesota Mental Health Clinics is an equal opportunity employer. Minnesota Mental Health Clinics complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org